Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice about continuing education...?

Alright, so here is my dilemma. Ive tried college twice, first in 07 and then again in 08 - The first year I took an Art course that I thought I would enjoy and make a living out of, in the end it turned out to be an entire waste of money. I ended up dropping out two months in. I worked the rest of that year, and then decided to try again. This time I enrolled for an Esthetics course... it was mostly just filler, and to please my parents - and also I was worried that I wouldnt get another chance at college. So I enrolled, and was in the course for about three months, and I started having family trouble (got kicked out of my parents house) and then got into a car accident which took my transportation options away (school was about an hour away from where i lived). Anyways, I had no choice but to drop out yet again, which totally turned my life upside down in the way that I felt like I couldnt accomplish anything.


I am now living with my boyfriend (we've been together for a year now), and I am looking for a job, but Im also thinking about school again for the future. I really want to go to University but I have no idea what to take! Ive been wracking my brain for months trying to figure this out.. I just cant seem to get ANYTHING!


Its so frustrating.. does any one else know what this is like? Or have any advice?








Extra Information:


I absolutely love art, writing, and photography.


I need a course that has substance, like theory, history and lectures.. (weird I know)


I need something that I can make a living out of.





Any helpful comments are very welcome! Thanks guys :)Advice about continuing education...?
Well I cant really help you with this question, but I wanna motivate you. You answered a question of mine and you seem so nice and caring. Remember your life is not to please your parents or anyone else. Do what you want to do. I fully encourage you to go back to school and get an education that you want. Pursue what you want. You want a job you love doing. And thank you for answering my question. It helped al ot. Congrats on your engagement. Feel free to email me.Advice about continuing education...?
Media Arts, Animation, Graphic Design?





You can take online courses
There is a lot of information on the web that can help . Different schools offer different programs and many people change concentrations or majors. http://www.goodinternetdeals.com/Art-School.html

No comments:

Post a Comment