Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice about my parents?

my mom is constantly yelling at me about the dumbest things and my dad just goes along with it all. the only thing she does is work 12 hrs, come home and watch t.v. the entire night and sleep. she has no hobbies no friends, shes just so bored that the only thing she can possibly think to do is yell at people, its like she just had kids to release stress and i am not her toy to squeeze! i mean seriously she never really had a childhood since she was born in china and nobody had education and she tries to but in my life at random points in time when she doesn't try to understand or even care she just says things and i hate it because i've always been fine on my own and it just pissed me off when she tries to talk to me when she's really just bored and needs to yell at somebody for some really gay reason. im constantly telling her to not think about my life and she says thats fine with her but when she has nothing better to do she just goes crazy its like having mother that never gets out of her period. and sometimes she tries to talk to me about how i cut my hair and the clothes that i wear which are completely casual and starts making the biggest deal out of it like im dropping out of college or something! it just makes me so frustrated and i've decided for a long time that these people that live in the same house as me are just to provide for schooling and money which they dont even my mom just gets mad at me when i tell her i need new clothes or school supplies even though i just about never use their money since i have a part time job but the few times i need cash she just goes crazy and says somethin like just wear those when there like 3 sizes too small but when it comes to my sister its 300 dollar recipts every weekend at the mall! okay im using this as a stress releaser kind of thing and i have one more thing to say both my parents cant handle the fact that their child(me) can accomplish or be good for anything even when i graduated valedictorian out of hs in a class of like 2000 students and if me or anyone tells compliments me on anything they'll just be like our son no way! i dont believe it and trust me im usually really modest but this is for stress release so they get so many compliments on my athletics(i play play football), my friends and looks(im pretty popular with the women) and my education(im currently a med student at nyu) and they just refuse to believe their son has any good traits! i mean seriously please tell me if im wrong about this?!!?Advice about my parents?
Lets see, im going to try to give the best advice that i can. i use zero money from my parents directly. BUT since they make too much money, i would not get financial aid from school, so as of now, they accepted the bigger loan until I can pay them back. They havent bought me clothes since i was 15, before i had a job. I get christmas and birthday gifts, which are usually great. i buy my own school supplies (different colored scrubs every semester included) i pay to go to the gym myself, i pay for my own car, gas, and phone. yet i still feel lucky that my parents are paying for that loan at this point. when i start feeling down about my life, i take a glimpse into someone elses. you said yourself they pay for education (which has been awhile if youre now a med student), they pay for clothes (which arent cheap at all im sure), they pay for school supplies!(books alone are at least 500 im sure, ive never spent less). To put it in perspective? I have an OLDER brother who is now on his 3rd school. my parents foot the bill each time, each time he fails out or stops showing up. they bought him a car, they pay for part of his rent, they send him care packages every week with his favorite foods, they buy him snowboards, clothes, etc. Sometimes parents believe that one child is more capable of handling themselves and let that child (well adult really) so just that. find a better paying job, take on your own responsibilities and maybe youll feel a bit better about yourself. I really thought you were about 15 reading this until you said you were a med student. that means youre at least 21 or so. grow up, and stop being selfish. your parents are proud-im sure of it.








edit-----


since you sent me an email that you were being whiny about my honest answer, ill have to add a bit. number one, dont call someone names for giving an honest opinion. number two, dont lie! you said in your question you work part time, you emailed me saying you work hard full time. also, you said your parents give you money, school supplies, new clothes in your question. when you emailed me you said you never ask for money except to pay for your loan. in your question you said your parents pay for your school. also, i have never heard of a student having to pay back a loan prior to graduation unless it was by choice, which is still discouraged. if you actually had a loan(which you at first claimed you didnt) you would not be paying it unless you are no longer a full time student. I know this because i had to go to part time due to financial trouble and pay mine monthly. get a life and grow up hunny. your life isnt that bad. the lies wont help either ; )Advice about my parents?
just tell here way you feel
You are not wrong about this. Unfortunately your parents have a problem. I just hope you continue doing what you are doing. You are an exceptional person from what I read. Some kids would have used that and done some really negative things. You've stayed focused and achieved some really things. Stay strong and vent. Venting is good. Keeping things inside will drive you crazy. Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment