Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need Advice about my 2 yr old!!?

She will be 3 yrs this June... She DONT listen AT ALL! Only when its me and her but if her dad,grandma is around she Wont listen to me at all! she pulls hair punches everything you cant think of except for biting! I need serious help here She heard the word Bit*h word 1 time and now when she gets mad at ppl thats what she calls them! and sticks her tounge out at them or makes faces... I sit her in time out that dont work! when i pat her hand( witch isnt hard at all) she smiles and laughs back at me! um i need help!Need Advice about my 2 yr old!!?
I'm not a mom or an expert, but I helped with my sister's kids, 3 of whom are still at this stage, even at 5 years old!





I think she's just testing her limits, keep putting her in time out and be as patient as you can be. I suppose its just the ';terrible twos';, but it doesn't really stop after that unless you keep up with standing your ground.Need Advice about my 2 yr old!!?
I feel your frustration because I was there. I can tell you it does get better. You have to find punishments that she absolutely hates and stick to them every single time she does something wrong. It is so tiring and frustrating but it will eventually pay off. This stage is going to feel like it will never end. For my kid, now 4, I put him in his bedroom and put a gate over the door. I also make loud noises such as clapping my hands to get his attention. He absolutely hates both. Only spank as a last resort and not out of anger.
I can see its frustrating for you, what catches my attention is that she acts up when dad and grandma are around, you discipline her with a tap, try sitting with her at time out, without paying her any attention, also the dad and grandma need to support you, and discipline her as well. as far as her saying that b word, try some Tabasco sauce, terrible twos doesn't mean she's in charge, also when you too are alone ,talk to her and remind her of her behavior, she's smart enough to understand. good luck
it depends how you react to her bad behaviour. It is probably just attention seeking and pushing boundries and if she gets a reaction out of you she'll keep doing it. ingnore her behaviour that you don't like and give over the top praise for behaviour that you do want, she will soon get the idea. Time out can work if they realise it's a time when she will get no attention from you. It can be tough but you must be consistent with what you do.
its terrible twos!! dont worry we all go through it shell grow out of it just be patient!!
My 2 yr old daughter laughs when i tap her hand too! its never worked for me. She too repeats swear words. the only 2 she repeats is sh*t and f*ck. Everytime she says them words I keep telling her its naughty words and shes not to say them. she has only said them once or twice.


I think you cant really tell her off for saying it because she is only repeating it but if she does know its a naughty word and deliberatly uses it then she should be told off.


My daughter never listens to me, even when were on our own. I normally give her till the count of 3 to stop what she is doing other wise i remove her from the situation. Ive very rarely had to get to 3 and once i did smack her bum (with nappy on) and she was very shocked. it didnt hurt and it was only a tap and it was only once but since then she has started listening when i count to 3 because she realises there are consequences. I know smaking isnt for everyone and definitely dont agree with it all the time but just once should do it. It sounds like youve tried everything else.
stop ';patting her hand'; and smack her hind end. you dont have to hurt you you only have to get her attention, for this kind of behavior time out just doesnt cut it. as im sure you have noticed.but after you spank always be sure she knows why. sit down and explain to her and make sure she knows what it was for and that it will happen again if she doesnt behave.
So she learned the word bi tch after an ADULT used it. She is a toddler it's not HER fault the adults in her home can't control their language. She needs consistency and not being hit because obviously she is learning to hit from you. Children learn to behave by the way you treat them. At home get a child gate and put in the doorway of her room. When she starts a tantrum put her in her bedroom and let her stay there until her tantrum is over.
she has upper hand at moment.i think you need to ignore her as long as she getting a reaction she will keep this up.when she is being or doing something good praise her all kids long for attention but the thing is to give her attention for good behaviour rather then bad.say what you have to say once then ignore her get down to her level and tell her to stop then ignore her and or remove her from situation.she will soon learn this behaviour is getting her no where she not gettin attention for it.as for bad words believe me ignore this too she is not aware of the meaning of word just that it gets attention.maybe sites below might help
do nothing, stop trying to make her stop, do not show any interest, maybe then she would get bored and she automatically stop doing that stuff. i said ';maybe';. kids! oh God, good luck ma'm!
If you tried time out and tapping her hand and it doesn't work,I think the only other choices are smacking her,yelling or taking her to go for a walk in the park or something to calm her nerves.You have to put your foot down somewhere.I mean enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment