Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Please advice about my brother Abusing his girlfriend how can i help her? an stop him from doing it?

this question is about my brother he is verbally an physically abusive to his girlfriend, even when she is 3 months pregnant. I don鈥檛 know how to help her or who to tell, I鈥檝e seen him push her an me an my brother got into a fight I told him that he shouldn鈥檛 do that stuff to her. He just said to mind my own business, should I ? I care about her a lot, I鈥檓 scared he might hurt her, an she will lose the baby. I hate that he is like that to her, how could any guy do that, how could my brother yet that鈥檚 not how our family is. He doesn鈥檛 have a job or money she gives him everything money bought him a new truck. Why are they together? Should I tell the police? My brother an his girlfriend are 21 an I鈥檓 16 My parents live in the country its far away from the city, I know they don鈥檛 know anything about this I only started to see it when I moved in with the to go to school. Her parents an family live in another country. I really don鈥檛 understand how a guy can do that an call him self a man. It makes me sad to know that there are a lot of women going throw the same thing, I鈥檇 never do that to my girlfriend. by the way i've asked this question in the Pregnancy place but i think its more family questionPlease advice about my brother Abusing his girlfriend how can i help her? an stop him from doing it?
Bravo -- you sound more like a man than your brother does. Warn him that you won't just stand idly by and let stuff like that go on. Tell him you ARE minding your own business -- he is family and you will not let him screw around like that. You need to let your parents know and see what they can do to help you. If he gets physical again you are going to have to call the authorities (regardless of her protests, which I'm sure she will make). Do not be intimidated, you will be doing what is best for her and the baby. Good luck.Please advice about my brother Abusing his girlfriend how can i help her? an stop him from doing it?
well, you've spoken to him, as the others suggested, try saying:


I've approached you about this, given you a chance to change your ways, but you didn't take the opportunity to do so, as a result I am going to do what I think is best for this baby.


you need to stay calm, if he wants a fight, don't give it to him,


you need to go down to the police station and tell them about what's happening, if you want to give him another chance then contact your parents, or talk to somebody you trust at your school, this needs to be sorted, this man could harm his girlfriend, or her baby, it is obvious that you, a 16 year old, care far more about this baby and about his girlfriend than he does, if you do want to talk to the girlfriend before hand search online for what abuse to a pregnant woman can do to the baby, or read about it in a book, get some information about it and talk to the girlfriend about why she needs to get as far away from him as possible, to ensure her baby is healthy, if he is abusing her full on, then imagine what he could do to the child once he/she has been born, when they get older he could abuse them in the same way that he abused the girlfriend, also, go down to the refuge and talk to them, tell them what's happening, they will probably give you better advice than we can because they are trained to do so.


good luck, you seem like a lovely person!
Try talking to him first before you tell others or get the police involved. It needs to be stopped before he hurts her or the baby. When you talk to him let him know what you are planning to do if you see or hear anything about the abuse again. If you feel you can't talk to him show him this question you posted unless you think he might get mad at you and hurt you. If none of the above works or you feel like you'd be putting yourself in danger then you really need to tell someone else. Do it quickly because something bad might happen to her if you don't. I hope everything will be okay.
It's best that you don't try to handle this whole situation by yourself. This has to be handled by the police. She needs a restraining order against him.





It's very hard for her to leave him. She is living in fear. The probable reason she is still with him is because she has nobody else. Maybe she can stay with someone like a friend or someone. Look up sites on abusive relationships. You'll learn that it is a cycle and the victims feel trapped. Your brother also needs counseling and anger management.





I really hope the best for your brother, his girlfriend, and your future nephew/niece. Also, I want to say that you are very brave for seeking help.

No comments:

Post a Comment