Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice about going home for the holidays with a totally new look to see the family?

I am going home for the holidays to see the family. I, however am nervous of how I will be received. I have lost over a 100lbs since they last saw me and I now have many tattoos and piercings (ears). The tatts will be pretty much covered by a t-shirt and jeans. However, the piercings are still too fresh to take out. I just worry someone will try to bait me into a little battle or something silly.





I just worry that they will see that and not see the real me that they know. I mean, they are a pretty open crew about tatts but are kinda weird about piercings. To me, it is funny bc most of my friends say the total opposite about theirs in which flies easier. I was just wondering how to go about it. I just want to be me, but not to the extent to where I am viewed as being freaky or a wierdo. I mean, I dress well and have a bit of a skater look to me, but I am not a goth or totally out there. I also cut my hair from a skater/shaggy look to a military short style.Advice about going home for the holidays with a totally new look to see the family?
Dont sweat it they are your family if they cant accept you dont go around them!Advice about going home for the holidays with a totally new look to see the family?
Go home have a good time, and know that no matter what your family says about your appearance they still love you. They may be shocked at first but once they get to talking to you, you'll become the same person they've always known.


My daughter got a tattoo, and I totally freaked but when I saw it it is one of the most beautiful pieces of skin art I have ever seen.





I'm not opposed to tattoos I just didn't want them on my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment